Sign In Forgot Password

Ian Resources


4 ways to apply:      

  • online:
  • through FEMA app
  • call: 800-621-3361; TTY 800-242-7585
  • Go to a Disaster Recovery Centers near you: Text DRC and your zip code to 43362 to find your nearest location. Note Disaster Recovery Centers have state, local and federal agencies in a one stop shop that can help with FEMA individual assistance, SBA Loans, drivers’ licenses, and any of the needs listed below.
  • If you have an IMMEDIATE CRITICAL NEED you can apply for Critical Needs Assistance (a one-time $700 payment per household) with FEMA. Please be sure you note that you have critical needs in your FEMA application. Critical needs are lifesaving and life-sustaining items such as food, water, medication, infant formula and more. You can amend your application if you did not yet apply for this payment.
  • If you have applied for FEMA assistance and your home is unlivable, you may be eligible for Transitional Sheltering Assistance. This program offers temporary & short-term accommodations for eligible residents.Call 1-800-621-3362 FEMA will notify you via phone call, text or email if eligible. If you do not qualify for FEMA assistance, visit:
  • If you have roof damage, you can apply for the U.S Army Corps of Engineers Blue Roof Program. Call toll free 1-888-ROOF-BLU (1-888-766-3258) or visit
  • Apply for food assistance. Florida families impacted by Hurricane Ian in need of food assistance benefits can visit for more information on the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
  • Change of address (COA). Residents who will not be able to occupy their home within 30 days should submit a temporary COA request with the U.S. Postal Service at or visit your nearest available Post Office. Be sure to mark “Temporary” on the card/online form. A temporary change of address is designed for residents who plan on returning to their residence within six months. Residents who are not planning to return to their current address should submit a permanent COA request. DISPLACED RESIDENTS WHO FILE A CHANGE OF ADDRESS SHOULD KEEP THEIR DAMAGED DWELLING ADDRESS ON FEMA ASSISTANCE APPLICATIONS. CHANGING THE ADDRESS ON A FEMA ASSISTANCE APPLICATION TO A NON-DAMAGED DWELLING MAY CAUSE THE APPLICANT TO BECOME INELIGIBLE.
  • Disaster Unemployment Assistance is available to eligible survivors. If you are out of work due to the impacts of Hurricane Ian you can visit or a Disaster Recovery Center to apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA). If you need additional assistance with applying for DUA, call 1-800-385-3920. DUA Customer Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. EST.
  • Disaster Legal Services provides free legal help to low-income disaster survivors. Call the hotline at 866-550-2929 any time and leave a message.
  • For help cleaning up the damage from Hurricane Ian, call the Crisis Cleanup Hotline at 800-451-1954.
  • The Division of Consumer Services can answer insurance questions at 877-693-5236, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET.

2. Team Rubicon Disaster Response Crisis Cleanup Hotline. This team of Israeli ex-military men and women and a large group of volunteers, working together on disaster response and provides no-cost help. This is their local number and you can say you received their information from the Jewish Federation in Fort Myers. (Thank you, Debbie Sanford, Executive Director, Jewish Federation of Lee & Charlotte Counties!) Team Rubicon Disaster Team number is 214-803-1982. Their toll-free number if you have difficulties getting through is: 800-451-1954.

3. Steps for Florida Businesses to Take Following a Hurricane:

  • Step 1: Take pictures of your business and any storm related damage – this will be helpful when filing insurance claims and seeking disaster relief from several state and federal organizations.
  • Step 2: Take the Business Damage Assessment Survey: Businesses that were impacted by Hurricane Ian are urged to take the businesses damage assessment survey and provide information on damage and losses. By receiving responses to this survey, the state is able to tailor assistance to the areas that need it most. To take the survey, visit
  • Step 3: Visit a Disaster Recovery Center. Local facilities that are staffed with state and federal agencies are available and can help businesses access resources to recover following a hurricane. Small Business Development Council representatives will also be on site to help guide you through the next steps to get back on your feet. To access this help, visit a disaster recovery center or a small business disaster center that can found here:
  • Step 4: Apply for Emergency Bridge Loans: Small Businesses that experienced economic injury or physical damage due to Hurricane Ian can apply for short-term, zero-interest loans. $50 million in loans are available for businesses impacted by Hurricane Ian. To apply visit
  • Step 5: Apply for an SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans: Economic injury disaster loans are available for small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, and most private nonprofit organizations that have suffered substantial economic injury due to Hurricane Ian. These loans provide working capital and cover normal expenses such as the continuation of health care benefits, rent, utilities, and fixed debt payments. To apply for the loan visit

4. The Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies is a disability-led organization that focuses on equity for people with disabilities, older adults and people with access and functional needs from disaster preparation to recovery response.

  • The Disability & Disaster Hotline connects disabled disaster survivors and their loved ones with information, resources, and assistance throughout disasters and emergencies. Call or Text: 800-626-4959 or


5. SELF  Emergency Hurricane Loans for recover loan up to $10,000 cash or and repair/rebuild up to $18,000 with project management support.

Tue, March 21 2023 28 Adar 5783